Without the last minute, would I ever get anywhere?

Although leaving things to the last moment is my trademark, this time I have really outdone myself: Waking up this morning at 6 am, I still had not packed NOR even thought very much about what I was going to take along on this journey. Bearing in mind that I only had 2 hours before I had to leave for work made it all the more poignant that now was the time to act. However, the first half an hour I just gazed drowsily at the heaps of stuff I had carelessly tossed on my bed, and must admit that for a moment, it did seem hopeless.

Before

However, this is where routine helps. All those previous bike trips put me in an almost automated mode, and an hour and a half later, all the stuff is packed in my (surprisingly spacious) panniers, and I am reasonably confident that I have more or less all I need. As a matter of fact, I spent the longest time trying to decide which *tango* clothes to take!

Now getting ready to leave the house, bearing in mind not to leave any fruit lying around to avoid the company of a million fruit flies upon my return... Will need to make a snappy departure, as am supposed to get a few things still done at work before being at the harbour in 4,5 hours.

As a matter of fact, this is a bit of a fake departure, as today my biking will only be to the ferry harbour in Helsinki and another 10 minutes in Tallinn. As there is a tango festival (Riga Tango Fiesta) in Latvia tonight, have decided to leave the bike in Tallinn for the weekend and start the cycling on Tuesday. After all, one needs to have one's priorities right! ;-)

After

And how am I feeling? Happy, happy, happy!

Comments

  1. I love the before-after thing :-DDD
    And yes, don't forget about priorities!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Getting into the swing of it (Pärnu)

Paris, finally!

On family history, excess and moderation (The Hague)