Like a breeze (Laučakmens)


With Wenla in my Dad's camper van.

Oh, such luck I had today. The strongest and warmest imaginable North wind carried me a full 120km here from Parnu, and I was actually ready to carry on all the way to Riga. Fortunately, my Dad got me out of it, as this lovely campsite on the sandy beach is just what my soul needed to really get into the holiday mood. The riding is already really effortless, and even the dreaded A1 Highway that had seemed so scary a couple of years ago was now totally manageable, with trucks giving me a wide berth when overtaking.

On the beach in Laučakmens, contemplating letting go.

While cycling, I had ample time go think about my favourite thing: the embraces I get through tango. Their memory would have been enough to get me through the strongest of headwinds, but with the wind in my favour, I felt like the luckiest girl alive.

Tomorrow, I only have another 60 km to Riga, and am already awaiting the lovely milonga at Balta Pirts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting into the swing of it (Pärnu)

Paris, finally!

On family history, excess and moderation (The Hague)