I want to ride my bicycle (Tallinn)
Yep, this is it: My bags are packed, the rearview mirror fastened, the camelbak water backpack filled to the brim... In a few minutes, I'll be out of the door and on my way. Cannot describe how apprehensive I am feeling, although at the same time, extremely eager to get going.
The thing that's making me worried is that as opposed to all those other trips, this time I am physically really unprepared. Before, I had been continuously on my bike the whole year round, making all my journeys to work by bike, cycling through the worst winter months. Now, it is almost two years since I did any long-distance biking, and basically have not trained at all!
Last night, chatting with my friend Kaari, she commented how she would otherwise like to do a similar trip, except that she doesn't know if she could put up with the cycling. In all honesty, I had to reply that I don't know if I can either!!! :-D
But yes, despite all the reservations, I really want to do it. And the only way to find out if I can is to get on that bike. Gulp.
The thing that's making me worried is that as opposed to all those other trips, this time I am physically really unprepared. Before, I had been continuously on my bike the whole year round, making all my journeys to work by bike, cycling through the worst winter months. Now, it is almost two years since I did any long-distance biking, and basically have not trained at all!
Last night, chatting with my friend Kaari, she commented how she would otherwise like to do a similar trip, except that she doesn't know if she could put up with the cycling. In all honesty, I had to reply that I don't know if I can either!!! :-D
But yes, despite all the reservations, I really want to do it. And the only way to find out if I can is to get on that bike. Gulp.
Comments
Post a Comment