On the need for Sisu...and sauna! (Miedzychod)

The Finnis word 'sisu' is hard to translate, as it consists of maybe 1/6 guts, 1/3 persistence but for the most part, just refusing to give up. The past couple of days have been an enormous battle due to an almost stormlike headwind,and without a fair portion of sisu I think I would have just put the bike on the train. Instead, my progress has been at best modest and mostly snail-like. I have tried to console myself by the fact that it is still at least a little faster than walking!

Yesterday,after an arduous day of dodging storm clouds and trying to not fight the wind but just accept it, I had a lovely surprise when Elzbieta,the owner of the campsite I was staying at in Wagrowiec invited me to the local water park/spa where we spent a lovely couple of hours soaking ourselves in the jacuzzi. However,the best part by far was the Finnish sauna that made me feel a bit homesick for the first time on this trip.

Today,all my sisu could only get me here,so Berlin tomorrow is very unlikely.

----------
Lähetetty Nokia-puhelimesta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting into the swing of it (Pärnu)

Paris, finally!

On family history, excess and moderation (The Hague)