Things fall apart (Lübeck, G)

In front of the Central Railway Station in Brussels, just about to start the homeward journey.  

After weeks of making my way across Europe, the first part of the return journey through 3 countries was over in a heartbeat. However, getting here did mean a long day of train travel, with no less than 4 train changes in various Dutch and German towns. I like train travel as such, and the multiple stops made it more interesting,as I had to keep moving the bike and the bags on and off trains every couple of hours.

What really made the day memorable,though,was that my equipment started to fall apart. First,it was one of my Ortlieb panniers that had lost a screw and as a result,was hanging periculously from the rack. After half an hour's search in Deventer,I finally found a somehow fitting screw at a locksmith's, and made it to the next train on time.

However,things got a lot more interesting in Osnabrück,where I got a mysterious flat while sitting in a café 15min ride from the train station. I noticed it so late that had to run back pushing the bike,and fix the puncture on the train.


----------
Lähetetty Nokia-puhelimesta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paris, finally!

Getting into the swing of it (Pärnu)

The charm of the Danube (Vác)