Datteln

The little that I got to see if Münster I really liked.

My luck with the wind continued today, as I had a fantastic tailwind that made the km's just disappear. In addition, the lovely sunshine and the fact that it turned out to be a public holiday made the day seem almost festive. As a matter of fact, I was almost ashamed of how good I had it today!

Reached Münster at the early afternoon hours, and despite all the other businesses being closed quickly found a call shop where I could use the internet for the couple of hours I needed to write the work emails I had to. After that had been sorted out, I could carry on towards the South.

It is actually almost ridiculous how used I have become to the distances I am all of a sudden covering. The other day, I saw a road sign stating that it was 67 km to where I wanted to sleep that night, and it was around 5 pm. I just thought: "oh, that's only about 3 hours' cycling"...and then did it!

However, I am fully aware that the wind might turn any moment and that these plains cannot carry on forever. But as long as they do, I'll just enjoy the ride.:-)

Comments

  1. I`m waiting eagerly some news from Duesseldorf. How tangoing has taken place? How are the places, people, leaders and so on?

    You are wonderful, Love you, trust you, miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Paris, finally!

Getting into the swing of it (Pärnu)

The charm of the Danube (Vác)