End of Denmark (Maribo)
Looking back towards Copenhagen.
It turned out that last night was to remain my only experience of the Danish tango scene, at least for now. However, the practica at M2Tango was a very pleasant experience indeed: the venue beautifully laid out, full of dancers of different ages and skills, the atmosphere extremely easy-going.
The evening's last dance was with Henrik. Maybe you can see why I was sorry the evening had to end? ;-)
I was lucky to get to dance with a few very musical leaders, which with the lovely music made the evening a real joy. My only 'complaint ' was that it all ended too soon! If this experience is anything to go by,the Danish do indeed have their own interpretation of the tango, and quite different from the Swedes too! My bunk at the City Public Hostel in Copenhagen.
Today, I was hit by a sudden, inexplicable ease of cycling, and as a result came to within 15 km of Rødby that had seemed like a distant mirage yesterday. In other words, I traversed the islands of Zealand, Mø and Lolland, covering something like 150km by 20.30 when I got to this village. As a matter of fact, I think I could have covered the remaining distance to the ferry harbour before sunset, but decided against it purely because I had started to plan trying to get to Hamburg by tomorrow night after all, and thus could not use up all my strength today. Still, it was a long day that was made easier by the wind that had changed direction overnight, to my pleasant surprise.
For once, the regional road that I was following was even straighter than the highway running near-by, meaning that I was basically on the same, 120+ km straight the whole day. Not the most inspiring road you can imagine, but I really did not ming. The terrain was as flat as you can possibly imagine, but there were a few hills too. Indeed, at one point today I had to scale an uphill that took me to the dizzying height of 142 m above sea level! :-D
Somewhere along the 120 km strech of straight road between Copenhagen and Maribo.
All of a sudden, a technical problem appeared that is causing me to worry a bit about tomorrow's approach to Hamburg: out of nowhere, the smallest front ring of the bike stopped working, meaning that I lost 1/3 of my gears! You may of course point out, quite rightly, that out of all possible countries and regions, this is the one where such a technical problem is the leas cause for worry. Still, I am a bit uncomfortable about carrying on before it has been fixed, but also reluctant to hang around this place until the shops open at 10. Let's hope that the other Finnish bike tourer who happened to be at this campsite (travelling in the opposite direction) who just happens to run a bicycle repair shop back home will be able to sort it out in the morning!
Hope you got your trouples with bike fixed all right.
ReplyDeleteWish to hear soon!
Upea yllätys kun edelle oli ilmestynyt myös kuvia. Ne tekevät matkasi paljon elävämmäksi. Kiitos niistä. Haleja
ReplyDeletehei,
ReplyDeletejoo lisäilen kuvia aina kun voin, reissun aikana kun en voi niitä aina lähettää. Samalla näen, lukeeko näitä tekstejä kukaan...