An amazing journey (Hamburg)
Arrival at downtown Hamburg at 21.40 hrs, the hotel can be seen just to my right behind me. At least it was easy to find, even in the dark!
My bags travelling first class to the room. :-)
Have just had a shower and some takeaway food that I could find, now totally exhausted in my room, in the 18th floor, with sweeping views of the city.
Quite a contrast to the hostel in Copenhagen, wouldn't you say?
I am too tired to say anything more right now. The main thing is, I am safe and sound, in one piece and where I wanted to be. Tomorrow will try to find the opportunity to tell you about the trip.
The view from my window the next morning.
Good to hear!
ReplyDeleteHopefully the conference is worth it. Tell us the good stuff when you return. Maybe you can make some surprising contacts and we can plan a truly different trip in the future...
Keep the wheels rolling :-)
Hi Pia,
ReplyDeleteas it happens, I have already made some surprising contacts... As is often the case, meeting people outside of one's usual circle does lead to interesting encounters. :-)
hih, muistan kun Budapestissä eksyttiin matkalla hotellihuoneeseen, mut sit nähtiin meidän "tyylikäs" matkalaukku(ihan hirvee nailonsäkki) samanlaisessa kärryssä, ja seurattiin vaivihkaa sitä...
ReplyDeleteMoi Nina,
ReplyDeletejoo tää munkin suunnistamiseni on ollut aika onnetonta tällä reissulla. Mutta jollain ihmeen keinolla aina lopulta päädyn sinne, minne halusinkin. Ja valtaosin on hauskempaa kuin ns. oikealla tiellä! (ainakin niin sitä itselleen asian jälkikäteen selittää)
terveiset helteisestä Münsteristä
mari