Back on the road
Dear Friends,
Some of you have already travelled with me before, when last year I spent a couple of months traversing Europe by bicycle from the Baltic to the Adriatic Sea. It was a throughly enjoyable and memorable experience with encounters with lovely people, impressive landscapes and cities that all left their mark on me. Perhaps not surprisingly, I found myself planning for another bicycle trip even before I had terminated the homeward journey.
Almost a year has passed, and as I write this, I am once again hopelessly late with my final preparations as by this time tomorrow I should already be on the ferry headed towards Sweden. From there on, I will be travelling by bike, and as before, heading South (where else can you really go from Finland?). My first destination is Germany (Hamburg to be more exact) where I will be attending a conference on Travel Medicine. What happens after that, how far I will go and which route I'll choose, remains to be seen.
As to the name of this blog, since last year something has changed in my life: I have finally started to do the Argentinian Tango that I had been dreaming about for more than a decade. Not surprisingly, it has quickly become an infatuation that takes up most of my days. So I suppose it is only logical that tango should be my inspiration for this year's travels. During this trip, I will be visiting a milonga (tango evening) in each city where I can locate one, dancing and experiencing the tango as I travel. Naturally, I will also be listening to tango on my way. A final reason for this title is the most ridiculous of them all: guess what I have decided to call my new bike?... Yep, the Tango!! :-)
I am happy to share my experiences with You All, my dear Friends. Do let me know that you are reading my lines, whether you enjoy my ramblings or not ;-), and feel free to leave me notes on the 'Comments' section underneath each blog entry. As before, I will be inviting people of different nationalities so will probably stick to English in my entries, however should YOU feel like leaving me a note in Finnish, French, Polish (well, maybe not that!), Swahili or whatever... please do!
I look forward to having you all as my companions on this trip!
Some of you have already travelled with me before, when last year I spent a couple of months traversing Europe by bicycle from the Baltic to the Adriatic Sea. It was a throughly enjoyable and memorable experience with encounters with lovely people, impressive landscapes and cities that all left their mark on me. Perhaps not surprisingly, I found myself planning for another bicycle trip even before I had terminated the homeward journey.
Almost a year has passed, and as I write this, I am once again hopelessly late with my final preparations as by this time tomorrow I should already be on the ferry headed towards Sweden. From there on, I will be travelling by bike, and as before, heading South (where else can you really go from Finland?). My first destination is Germany (Hamburg to be more exact) where I will be attending a conference on Travel Medicine. What happens after that, how far I will go and which route I'll choose, remains to be seen.
As to the name of this blog, since last year something has changed in my life: I have finally started to do the Argentinian Tango that I had been dreaming about for more than a decade. Not surprisingly, it has quickly become an infatuation that takes up most of my days. So I suppose it is only logical that tango should be my inspiration for this year's travels. During this trip, I will be visiting a milonga (tango evening) in each city where I can locate one, dancing and experiencing the tango as I travel. Naturally, I will also be listening to tango on my way. A final reason for this title is the most ridiculous of them all: guess what I have decided to call my new bike?... Yep, the Tango!! :-)
I am happy to share my experiences with You All, my dear Friends. Do let me know that you are reading my lines, whether you enjoy my ramblings or not ;-), and feel free to leave me notes on the 'Comments' section underneath each blog entry. As before, I will be inviting people of different nationalities so will probably stick to English in my entries, however should YOU feel like leaving me a note in Finnish, French, Polish (well, maybe not that!), Swahili or whatever... please do!
I look forward to having you all as my companions on this trip!
Bon chance Mari! I promise to use all the languages I know except Polish, but I already heard that your awareness of this language is pretty impressive! Let's tango then virtually with you, no matter in which language :-)
ReplyDeleteGOOD LUCK!
ReplyDeleteHopefully the travel medicine conference is interesting. Maybe you catch somebody to tango with :-p
Buen viaje, Mari.
ReplyDeleteCreo que yo te voy a escribir mayormente en la lengua del TANGO - te parece bien?
O mezclando un poco de todo - Ihanaa matkaa, nauti ja tartu kaikkiin niihin kohtaamisiin mitä matka voi mukanaan tuoda.
Pidä kivaa rakas ystävä!
ReplyDeleteOi, olipä yllätys! Vaikka Sinut tuntien tätä olisi voinut aavistaa. Oikein antoisaa matkaa ja mukavia tanssikokemuksia ja tanssipareja ;)
ReplyDelete