On the restorative powers of a proper tango bubble

Two days after returning from Riga Embrace, and still, i am hardly able to produce a coherent sentence to describe the past weekend. What is clear, however, is that this was exactly what I needed at this point in my life. From inadvertently walking into the sightseeing group just the moment when the guide was explaining the one thing I was curious about, via having the right conversations just at the right time, to dancing just the right tandas with exactly the right people, the weekend was like a string of pearls made of meaningful encounters served to me at the best possible moments. Most importantly, however, it was another journey of self discovery.
I learned a lot about life, love and myself, and discovered that indeed, time does heal most things and forgiveness is the only way forward. I realised something that I have suspected all along: that the only way to really be freed from pain is to expose yourself again, even if your instinct would tell you to lock up everything that is sensitive and vulnerable in you.
And finally, the weekend gave me back the joy of dancing that had seemed lost forever.
For all this i am eternally grateful to everyone i shared this experience with!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paris, finally!

Getting into the swing of it (Pärnu)

The charm of the Danube (Vác)