Only he that has traveled the road knows where the holes are deep

Here we go again. It is my usual routine, the one that most of you know only too well: it is well past midnight, I am due to leave on my next bike adventure in less than six hours' time, I have not really even started packing... and instead, I am doing all the other things that I have left to the last moment.

Encouraged by last year's amazing tour, I will be cycling down the Tango Road again. This time too, I will be heading towards the South, however choosing a more westerly route: first the ferry to Stockholm, then cycling towards the West Coast of Sweden for a Tango Camp in Tylösand. From there on, I have a vague route plan that mostly consists of avoiding the places I went to last year (not because I did not like them, because I did, but because I am an addict to constant changes in scenery, setting and atmosphere). This will quite probably take me down a route following loosely the Atlantic coast all the way from Danemark to Holland, maybe even France. If and how I get to Paris, my goal, remains to be seen.

Will be updating the blog more or less every day, and also adding pics whenever I can. I will try to do my best to include at least some (even if not many) non-tango aspects this time round, as last year it may have become a bit much with all the milonga-talk :-). In any case, any comments by you, my Dear Friends, are always welcome!

For some reason the heading I chose for this entry, a Chinese proverb, really resonates with me. Thinking about my previous bicycle tours, with or without tango, reminds me of all the bumps, the uphills, the changes of weather, the long, lonely stretches of empty road... but most importantly, of all the wonderful people I have shared the journey with. You, my readers, are a big part of the experience for me. So, let's enjoy the ride!

P.S. In case you are wondering, the pic is from this February, when I helped arrange a Tango Festival (Tango Frostbite) in Helsinki. It was taken on the last day of the festival, I was truly exhausted from lack of sleep and all the commitments in organising the event, but at the same time, over the moon with happiness. This is what Tango still does to me, more often than not. Let's see what kind of expressions is will bring on my face on this trip!

Comments

  1. BON VOYAGE MARI!!
    -TangoDragon-

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Pidä itsestäsi huolta ja hymyile tanssiessasi maailman milongissa (vai mitä ne oli..?)" :D
    -K-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rentoa ja ihanaa reissua Mari!
    PapaOso

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bon voyage Mari! ET racontes-nous tes rencontres et tes expériences avec toujours cette sensibilité qui te ressemble...

    bises d'Ouganda !

    ReplyDelete
  5. En voi olla äimistelemättä, kuinka jaksat kirjottaa pitkiä, huolellisia ja mielenkiintoisia tarinoita kun olet jatkuvasti reissun päällä ja takana ja edessä on pitkiä, fyysisesti uuvuttavia pyöräilymatkoja ja näköjään ainakin ajoittain myös lyhyitä yöunia! Ilmeisesti netti-PC on suhteellisen helppo löytää? Vai onko maailmalla siellä täällä piuhoja, joihin liität tietsikkasi...? Ei kai sentään, tuskinpa kone on mukana tällaisella matkalla. No niin, vaan tuulenhenkäilyjä (myötätuulen), auringonpaistetta ja mielenkiintoisia ihmisiä ja tapahtumia minäkin toivottelen - ja olen siis Marja-jolla-Tesla (en tiedä kuinka monta Marjaa tunnet :-) )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Paris, finally!

Getting into the swing of it (Pärnu)

The charm of the Danube (Vác)