Change of Frequency (Helsinki, Finland)
After thinking about it long and hard, I have now decided to move all my tango-related Facebook postings to my blog. The reasons for this are many; I want them to be easy to locate, but with Facebook, I feel severely limited by the site's ever-changing policies on what exactly is shown on your timeline. Also, I want to have more continuity in this blog, as otherwise, there are long breaks in updating it. I do travel a lot more than this blog has so far indicated, and in reality, every day is a journey with tango, NOT just those occasions that I am literally on the road! And finally, I want to be able to read all my tango-related ponderings even years from now, and for some reason, I am not confident Facebook will still exist in say 20 years from now.
I haven't decided to quit Facebook just yet, But I am getting more and more ready to do that one day. This media is simply better suited for the way I want to communicate.
Will be copying my earlier FB posts here little by little, but as I find it relevant to maintain the original date of publishing (if for no other reason, for being able to see how my thinking and feelings about tango have evolved), will make them appear on the month that I first wrote them.
If you, dear reader, are my Facebook friend, most of this stuff will be familiar to you already. Still, I hope you won't be bored with me!
I haven't decided to quit Facebook just yet, But I am getting more and more ready to do that one day. This media is simply better suited for the way I want to communicate.
Will be copying my earlier FB posts here little by little, but as I find it relevant to maintain the original date of publishing (if for no other reason, for being able to see how my thinking and feelings about tango have evolved), will make them appear on the month that I first wrote them.
If you, dear reader, are my Facebook friend, most of this stuff will be familiar to you already. Still, I hope you won't be bored with me!
Comments
Post a Comment