Venturing to the Other Side (Helsinki, Finland)
Last night, I made one of my sporadic attempts at a night out without tango. Consciously choosing a casual style of jeans and t-shirt to contrast with the laces and satin that have become my usual Saturday night attire, I headed out to the surprisingly warm night, planning to check out some of the venues I used to frequent those days when I still had a "normal" life.
Two hours later, I still hadn't entered anything resembling a bar, but instead was walking around the city listening to Tanturi, DiSarli and Pugliese, my feet aching to dance. The lyrics, the melodies, and the emotions and memories brought by them, were just so much more engaging than anything a bar could offer. To my surprise, I realised that contrary to what I have thought, my love for this music is only growing stronger.
Tango is a sweet illusion, yes. But so is life.
Comments
Post a Comment