Back in Business (Björnlunda)


It was amazingly easy, it almost felt as if I'd never left the road at all. The cycling felt effortless and even the slow pace seemed ok, despite the little exercise I've been doing in the past months. As soon as I rode out of the inner city, I was back in my element.




With David


My departure from Stockholm was an unhurried one, as I first had a leisurely breakfast with David at a lovely streetside café in Södermalm. Sitting there on the terrace, enjoying the fantastic food and the gentle morning sunshine, I was beginning to question the use of leaving Stockholm in the first place. Really, why bother, when this city was so full of tango and street café's, good music and beautiful people? At that moment, the thought of getting to Paris seemed about as realistic as getting to be 20 again.
Riding out of Södermalm, the first meters of my trip.

However, my qualms evaporated the moment I got into the saddle. David escorted we out of Södermalm and showed me the direction to follow, then I was back on my own. What an incredible lightness of being! The seemingly never-ending suburbs slid by, as I was humming to myself.

I was helped along by the gently undulating terrain, pleasant temperature and a wind that did not seem too annoyin even when at times it came from the front. In short, nothing bothered me today.

Am spending the night in the smallest vandrarhem (modest hostel) in Sweden, a countryside museum with traditional barns converted into simple rooms. Just had a chat with the 4 Swedes lodging next door, now dozing off in the wonderful atmosphere of the old wooden building.

Tomorrow am planning to make it to Norrköping in time for their milonga that starts at 5 pm. The weather is expected to be rainy, but knowing there will be some tango will spur me along.

Comments

  1. hi everybody, in case you are wondering, I wrote this text already on Saturday. however, due to using an old address I sent it to my OLD blog (the Due South one that some of you have read), instead of this one. Sorry for the confusion, i hope you haven't worried!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "What an incredible lightness of being!"...; what a nice thing to read!!!!

    Bernard

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment